[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
AMERTIS - Le Jeu - Forum • Afficher le sujet - Lost All Save Games Despite Taking the CCleaner Precaution
Nous sommes le Mar 16 Avr 2024 09:14

Heures au format UTC [ Heure d’été ]

Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Lost All Save Games Despite Taking the CCleaner Precaution
MessagePosté: Mer 27 Jan 2010 04:11 

Hi.

After doing the recommended "exclude" procedure in CCleaner – and the exclusion IS still showing as currently in force – I played Amertis for a short time, creating a few saved games as I played, and then ran CCleaner as a test and didn't lose any saved games and from then until today I have been able to play Amertis happily .... quitting and relaunching the game several times.

However, after finishing and uninstalling a different game earlier today (plus doing a lot of web searching) I did what is a normal procedure for me – I ran CCleaner and then my weekly virus/malware scans.

I have good protection and my scans showed all clear.

Afterwards, I launched Amertis to carry on with it.
But all my saved games had disappeared !!

This is particularly upsetting as I had finished the Injuns World and was well into the next world.

When I couldn’t find the saves, I ran a search from the Start Menu (WinXP Home) but no saved games are to be found anywhere.

I am willing, of course, to re-start Amertis from the beginning as it is an excellent game but obviously don't want to risk losing saves again and certainly don't wish to remove CCleaner from my machine.

Can you please offer any advice ??

Thanks.

Madd :(

Sujet du message: Re: Lost All Save Games Despite Taking the CCleaner Precaution
MessagePosté: Mer 27 Jan 2010 11:05 

:?: :?: :?: I don't understand, you are the first one who had some problems with that procedure...
Maybe Ccleaner has been updated during that time ?
Hmmm, please, can you check if your exclusion of "localhost" files by Ccleaner is always OK ?
Maybe you have to exclude these files again, every time you open Ccleaner ?

Next time, before opening Ccleaner, you can copy all your files in a different place (for exemple in "your documents"). So you'll have spares!

Sujet du message: Re: Lost All Save Games Despite Taking the CCleaner Precaution
MessagePosté: Mer 27 Jan 2010 17:54 

Thank you, razibuszouzou.

I'll try doing that.

Regards.

Madd :)

Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 

Heures au format UTC [ Heure d’été ]