[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
AMERTIS - Le Jeu - Forum • Afficher le sujet - Patty's Island, won't take the monkey.
Nous sommes le Ven 19 Avr 2024 19:47

Heures au format UTC [ Heure d’été ]

Répondre au sujet  [ 8 messages ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Patty's Island, won't take the monkey.
MessagePosté: Dim 23 Mai 2010 15:38 

First, let me say that I am almost done with the game, having completed the other three worlds. But the further I get in the game, the more difficult it gets for me to trust it. That is, I am never sure whether I have missed something, am doing something wrong, or if the game has just stopped working.

Example one: Whenever I change scenes I inherit the cursor from the previous scene. In scene "A" I may have a forward pointing cursor in the middle of the screen. I click and move forward to the next scene "B". In scene "B" I also have a forward pointing cursor, so I click, but nothing happens. I move the cursor around a little, but nothing changes and nothing happens when I click. Finally I find a spot where the cursor changes and suddenly the central forward pointing cursor is no more. It just came along for the ride from scene "A". I have to actually get the cursor to change in scene "B" before the scene "B" cursors load. This has been consistent throughout the game and I cannot tell you how frustrating it has been.

Example two: I am on Maya's Island and it is time to release the monkey. I select the captured monkey in my inventory and a yellow outline appears around the icon. But when I move the cursor away the yellow outline vanishes. Indeed, if I select the monkey and then leave inventory, his image is NOT in the upper left corner. He was not selected. In fact, it was impossible to select anything from inventory while in Maya's Island. I saved the game, exited and restarted. Then everything worked fine.

There were several other things that mysteriously started working as I played throughout the game. At the time I assumed that I had missed something, but now I am not so sure.

Now I am on Patty's Island and I have a new friend for her. I have exhausted the dialog tree, but when I offer the monkey to Patty she just says she will have to think about it. I checked the walkthrough, but don't see that I have missed anything (and yes, the pitchfork is there waiting to be liberated.)

Have I missed a trigger? Or is the game off in La-La land again?

Suggestion: I like the way you have written the walkthroughs with general hints at the top and final solutions at the bottom. Could you please include a list of any "trigger" events which must happen before a puzzle/encounter can continue? For example, on robot world, prisoner robot will not talk about his treasure game until you click on empty pedestal. This information could be placed at the bottom, just above each puzzle which they relate to.

Thanks for the help!

Sujet du message: Re: Patty's Island, won't take the monkey.
MessagePosté: Dim 23 Mai 2010 15:55 

Thanks for your remarks, TinklePit.

First for the working of the game, I apologize for the problem of directionnal arrows, which remains from a screen to an other. There were no way to solve this programming problem. The first thing you have to do when you arrive on a new screen, is to sweep your mouse everywhere to see the active spots.

About the inventory, I think you had the bug related in the directions for use : when you take two objects consecutively without waiting, the inventory doesn't work anymore... The only solution is to restart the game.

About the monkey on Patty's island, you have first to see (= to click) the statue with a big nose, and to speak about it to Patty.

MessagePosté: Dim 23 Mai 2010 17:01 

Ah, I have fallen into the old save game trap. I must have loaded a save game from before I examined the statue the first time and it was no longer "clicked."

Thank you for responding to the entire post. I broke one of the fundamental rules of email/posting by asking more than one question. It is unusual for responders to have the discipline to answer all the elements, but you handed my "heavy handedness" quite well. :thanks:

And now for my little trick. Google "Tinkle Pit" to find the hidden meaning of my user name. :ange:

MessagePosté: Dim 23 Mai 2010 18:27 

It seems to be an old game, isn't it ? But not an adventure game ! :lol:

MessagePosté: Dim 23 Mai 2010 19:43 

Yes, a simple variant of Pac Man. The joke is in the name. It makes no sense. I think they meant to call it Twinkle Pit (Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star...) as there is a star in the game which knocks the bad guys off the screen (into a pit?).

But "tinkle" is American slang to urinate (please forgive my clinical explanation). So the title could be though to mean "latrine." :O

The game is quite rare. Only six motherboards are known to exist and no full game with cabinet. However, it can still be played with the MAME emulator.

Now if only I can figure out what the dragon means when he says I have forgotten something... I would like to return the GPS, but haven't figured out how.

MessagePosté: Dim 23 Mai 2010 20:28 

Thank you for your etymological (not clinical) explanations! :lol: As you see, my english was too bad to understand the acuteness of your nickname!

But let's come again to Amertis... To make the dragon OK, you don't need the GPS again. You need only the first token and two pieces of a Petro's cloth. Have you got this whole stuff ?

MessagePosté: Jeu 27 Mai 2010 17:26 

Thank you, I figured it out and finished the game. I needed to repeat my conversations with Candy and get the second piece of pink material.

I was a little disappointed that I had promised to return the GPS and wand, but was not allowed to.

Otherwise, I delightful game.

Thanks you again.

MessagePosté: Jeu 27 Mai 2010 19:40 

Répondre au sujet  [ 8 messages ] 

Heures au format UTC [ Heure d’été ]